MEFvic held the annual Scholarships Awards Luncheon on Friday 25th July at teh Pullman Albert Park. The Patron of the Foundation, His Excellency the Honourable Alex Chernov AC QC, Governor of Victoria made a short speech and presented the awardees with their Awards. The Chairman of the Trustees, Warren Roberts, was thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2014 overseas study tour scholarships:-
- Chris Hastie, General Manager, Built & Natural Environment, Wellington Shire Council
- Ebony Perrin, Environment Services Team Leader, Moyne Shire Council
- Daniel Przychodzki, Team Leader – Transport, City of Greater Dandenong
- Alison Leighton, Manager Infrastructure Strategy, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
- Rick Kwasek, Manager Public Spaces & Capital Works, City of Stonnington
Ebony Perrin was the recipient of the scholarship jointly funded by the Foundation and the City of Boroondara as a tribute to the late David Powell, Trustee of the Foundation and Director of Environment and Infrastructure, City of Boroondara. This scholarship was available to a young engineer applicant from a rural council within Victoria. Members of the late David Powell’s family were in attendance at the function.
These scholarships provide for the selected recipients to attend the APWA Congress in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from 17th to 20th August 2014 followed by a further two weeks study on an itinerary prepared by the study tour group that may include USA, Canada and UK. On completion of the study tour members are to complete a report on their topic of study and these will be published in the Research Section of the MEFvic website, together with previous study tour reports.
In addition an award was made to Simon Thomas, General Manager Infrastructure at Stonnington City Council for an outstanding study tour report. Congratulations Simon